Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I don’t get it, it bites

The only thing that has been agonizing me for the past month or so has been getting it. Once again, I am proven to be right, even though I really did not want to be right, because right was not right for me.
I deserve to get it, I do, damn right I do.
The problem is my name, and my appearance, and the fact that I belong to a group that happens to be a minority. I don’t own much, I’m not worth the economy of one whole country.
It wasn’t the color of my skin, definitely not the content of my character, but for some reason the part about character in Martin Luther King Jr.’s speech just keeps repeating itself in my head.
“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”
I too have that same dream.
Discrimination bites.
I didn’t get it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Challenge it ...

S.N. said...

I am challenging it… I just hope I don’t hit a brick wall and get knocked down.
Brick walls have become a sort of specialty, I get back up every time. I’m just afraid I’ll get knocked down so hard I won’t be able to get back up… this is how I feel right now.

Rashmi Swamy said...

So true..