Friday, January 12, 2007

Conscious Snoozing

I'm sure that everyone had the "falling" dream at some point in their life.
It seems like ages since I had it, but I kept on having it for while, like almost every night. It used to happen like in those last few minutes before I went to actual deep sleep, and then the moment where I supposedly hit the ground, I like jump, in Arabic it’s referred to as “ban2oz, bton2oz or byon2oz”…
At this point in my life, I’m having that dream while I’m wide awake, conscious, aware and all.
I feel like I’m falling but I’m not hitting any ground, as if there is no ground for me to fall on.

2 comments:

Hot Lemon& Honey said...

The falling dream is scientifically explained by your body jolting to wake you up when you stop breathing.
That's what I know about that.

But falling when youare not dreaming must be a scary feeling. Believe me you won't fall forever.

S.N. said...

I can also relate with not being able to breath. Thanks for cheering me up! Maybe it’s all “just a phase that I’m going through” like the song says! Thanks for passing by :)