Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Moving


In the past couple of weeks, I’ve been looking for a house for us to move in. It’s not that the house that we’re in has anything wrong with it, it’s just that we came to this house when this housing complex was first built, about twelve years ago, and it’s about time we moved to another one.
Plus, it’s getting “tight” now that everyone is growing up and requires more space, especially the older more domineering bullies like myself.
In the process of checking houses, there were ones that were great, ideal, perfect in everyway, so very welcoming to live it, and has such a cozy atmosphere… scratchless and flawless. I would start to make mental plans of who is going to take which room, and where all the computers would go, and what color the new living room would be.
Then I come back home and park the car in the old garage that has a manual door, with an oil stain on the floor that goes back for as long as I can remember, all those scratches and cracks on the wall, those flowers leaning from their pots, the palm tree, the jasmines, the welcome matt in front of the doorway, and the memory of me and my brother fighting over who washes the car in the first week we moved in…
It’s not that I don’t want to move, I’m dieing to move. I just think that it’s going to take me a while to feel “homey” in the new house, and that this one will always be “home”, even if it just becomes a memory.

2 comments:

Me said...

moving is always exciting and it takes some getting used to to the new place and feel like it is home again! Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

I hate moving :(
I hope you enjoy the move and the new place